View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Now I'm Mrs. Chaser!

Thumbs up New Premium Kibble = Super Energy Boost???

I'm right in the middle of switching Chase off Nutro to Canidae (now feeding half-and-half). We went to our off-leash hiking trail today and he was like an entirely different dog all of a sudden! He always gets in a good run and plays a lot, but about halfway through our hike he usualy slows down a little, appears a little tired, and trots next to me for the rest of the walk. He's always seemed energetic - but I think he was actually lethargic (which for a 12-month Lab/Shepherd/Border Collie is still pretty darn hyper!

Today he ran, and ran, and ran.....then jumped in the stream and swam....and then ran up and down the steep river banks! (I was so upset I didn't have the camera.) He went for a full hour with no signs of slowing down!

So now my hyper pup is now a Super-turbo-charged Hyper Pup! My boyfriend was like "What did you do to the dog?" and I have to say I'm proud, because he thought I was crazy going on and on about excessive grains and carbs and dogs needing lots of meat and protein....NOW he believes me!

Has anyone else experienced something like this by switching food???? All I can think is if the Canidae did this to him I'm really going to be in trouble when I find a full-time job and switch him to Wellness Core!

Other quick question: I've been slowly transitioning him for about 4 days now....but he seems to be trying to avoid the Nutro in his bowl. Do you think it's safe to just go ahead with the Canidae now? I'll just donate the last of the Nutro...
Kailey (Misunderstood Gentle Beauty) - GSD & foster failure #1
Rupert (Gold-Medal Winner of the 3 a.m. Kitty Destruction Olympics )

Heidi - RIP my sweet baby girl