View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2014, 11:37 PM
Senior Contributor

Hi WestHawk, I'm really worry that you are having such troubl.

I don't think I have much to add, though, having a husky, I would ask if the color of the nose has faded, or if there are any skin issues. Those are often signs of a greater need for zinc, which huskies do often have (nordic breeds in general), and zinc deficiency can cause greater infection, etc.

I've only used YB externally - i used it as a poultice. Well, I did use it internally, but there wasn't the right kind of bleeding to really say if it was effective, though, now that I think about it, I did eventually get the bleeding stopped, somehow. The leather part of my boy's nose would have little pinholes in it where it would just have blood spurting from it. When he died, he did have hemangiosarcoma, but he had it *everywhere* internally, so between the YB and the doxy and the other things, I guess I kept him going until he just couldn't go anymore

When his nose stuff started (and we still don't know exactly what it was), he was flushed out (vet didn't have a scope), and they couldn't find anything, but that made him a lot better for quite sometime. I really wish I would have had him scoped properly.

Best of luck to you with this!