View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Senior Contributor

Marcie, still just a puppy, has learned quickly she needs to give our handicapped, two-footed terror Polly a bit of space . . . .

. . . . . resulting (below) in a wary truce of sorts . . . .

Abby and Keeper were actually afraid of Polly and kept their distance generally.

. . . . and yesterday, below, the minus 35 temperature of a few days ago gave way to plus nine Celcius and melting under a brisk wind, so Marcie got out to explore the mile long walk to the mailbox on the highway.

Our obscure corner in the distance of this picture was the site of a day of filming late in the Fall for the movie adaptation of Jack Kerouac's 1950's classic novel "On The Road." The movie will star, among others, Viggo Mortensen, Kristen Stewart, Amy Adams, Kirsten Dunst, Steve Buscemi, etc, etc. I think we are being substituted for California as some older, 1950's cars and a big truck with those plates on were being used in the production and parked just ahead of where Marcie is standing.

Tomorrow, weather permitting, we'll bring Ruby home so she doesn't have to try to play with cats. A storm is brewing though.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca