View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2009, 02:19 PM
I'm a softy

I would continue to try and get through to the owners about keeping them inside or at least confined to their property.. I am probably not the best person to ask, as I dealt with the same thing, but felt so bad for the cat.. My kids adopted it and played with it when it came over, we fed it and gave it an 'at our place' name... I could have sent it to the pound, where they would either pick it up and continue, the cat suffering for it, be pts, or I could have tagged it to bring into rescue, but I know the chances of it finding a home in any reasonable amount of time, spewing at the rim with cats. That is the story unfortunetly...Cats don't always stand much of a chance, and I hate that they get trapped and put in a cage waiting for death or a miracle, when we should be trapping the owners and taking them to court or at least stand them in line for some sense knocking in.. The best thing is to keep trying to see if you can get the owners to keep them inside, and hopefully they come around. stray cats, sadly, very sadly, are a fact of life... and always seem to be around. I don't let my cats out, and my dogs don't mind cats, so it really doesn't bother me, but I hate that people let them out, and wish there was a way to get through to the owner without affecting the cat, then I would participate..
Adoptee Prada crazy dog extrodinaire
Tickles Tortie cat the owns my daughter