View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Young at Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by allymack View Post
Hmm, i'm not sure if this would work, but wheni want to "claim" something of Enzo's i make him drop it and then step it front of it, so its more like i am guarding it ( when gaurding they give what ever they are gaurding their back) and i wait untill he settles down. Some people say this could make the problem worse, making him want to gaurd it better next time but i didnt find that happened.

Anyways, so try taking the stick or whatever from her and have another dog handy. Get the other dog to do a stand stay ( if possible, if not, a sit stay, i reccomend the stand stay so it will be easier to see the stick behind her) and then put the stick behind the other dog, this way the other dog is claiming it and she will see it as the otehr dogs, if you repeat this she should learn that she can have it one minute but she needs to give other dogs a turn too.
I'll have to think about this one - my initial reaction is that it probably would make Amber worse but I'll think about it and see how it feels later. Right now I'm pretty edgy about the whole thing and am being very, very careful who is around when we play fetch!