View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Barkingdog Barkingdog is offline
Senior Contributor
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,371
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
It doesn't sound like a disease. As fast as they seemed to die, I wonder if they got into poison somewhere? Perhaps a neighbor is using poison bait traps? If that's a possibility, then I wouldn't leave the dead or ailing mice out where something might eat them and also be poisoned.

Not sure that there's a more humane way to handle it besides what you're already doing.

Very sad, though.
That is what I am thinking , they got into some poison and since there is no way of knowing for sure the mice should NOT be set free.
A hawk or other animal could eat the mice and dies too or get very sick . It would best to help the poor thing cross over the Rainbow bridge for mice . Then call the health department and see what the best way to handle the bodies .
Reply With Quote