View Single Post
Old December 21st, 2015, 12:13 AM

So far there's alot of piece of mind Reg, giving him synthroid daily now and the results are great so far. At least the fear of feeding him thyroxine is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgeurts View Post
Glad to see you have found a vet who is on board with you! Is she at the Edmonton Holistic Vet Clinic on Whyte Ave? We see Steve Marsden. He literally saved our baby, Nanooks, life, and is now helping with our second boy who has liver disease.

Did she recommend sending the Thyroid panel to Jean Dodds? If it's Edmonton Holistic, I'm sure they would. But if it's not, maybe ask her where she's sending it. Jean Dodds is amazing and her Thyroid panel is the best. She also takes in to consideration the age/breed/sex and medical history so it's tailored specifically for your dog.

Good luck
Went in to talk with Edmonton holistic, very good atmosphere, friendly staff but Monday to Friday hours just don't work for us.

Dropped into Town Centre Veterinary to talk to them, same kind of atmosphere and friendly staff - they recommended we meet with Dr. Sheri Lund. She was great with our dog and with us, took us through the blood results backed with the knowledge of raw feeding and such. Explained possible allergies, but believes he is hypo and has possible protein issues due to globulin levels - which is what I suspected anyway. 2 other vets said everything was normal, trust in strict western medicine is gone at this point

Such a nice change to have a vet on the same page as us. Blood work will be done soon, not sure where the results will be sent but I have done much reading on Jean Dodds, the woman definitely knows her work.