View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGirl226 View Post
He's eating special kitty gourmet flavor,
That would be dry, correct? I'm willing to bet the farm that this is the source of the problem. I couldn't find the ingredients for the Gourmet version online, but the ones for the Urinary Tract formula are probably pretty close:

Quote:
Ground Yellow Corn, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken By-Product Meal, Ground Wheat, Animal Digest, Animal Fat (Preserved W/Bha), Meat and Bone Meal,.....
Horrific. Cats are carnivores. Corn and wheat have no place anywhere in their vicinity accept as a source of cover while they're hunting mice. I urge you to change your kitty's food to a quality canned or even raw diet. Please read this website on why dry food is not an appropriate source of nutrition for cats: www.catinfo.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGirl226 View Post
He has some white flakes in his fur that looks like dandruff or dry skin, could that do something.
Yup, it means his health is poor, which is reflected in the condition of his skin and coat. And the basis of good health is good food. I guarantee that once you start feeding him better, the dandruff will go away and he'll probably stop pulling out his fur.

Hope that helps. Please let us know how the diet change goes. I have lots of tips if you have trouble converting him to wet food.

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler