View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2008, 11:54 AM
Senior Contributor

If the problems exist for longer than 24 hours, call your vet. I can tell you from my experience with 5 Dachshunds that each experienced some resididual discomfort in the hind end after said shots which disappeared within 24 hours. I expect your vet is closed today - if problem still persists tomorrow I would place a call. Also, your Dachshund is not dreaming about his experience at the vet's - they seem to forget that as soon as they leave - unless of course they are in there for 40 days following full back surgery - that I can tell you leaves an impression - not so much while sleeping, but at the sight of the vet clinic. As for moving around in his sleep, Dachshunds do that as do most other dogs. They like to change their position constantly - and rearrange the covers. Unfortunately as you move to try and lessen the effect on your sleep, they move too, as they love to cuddle. I hope your vet gave you information on Dachshunds and the back/neck disc disease. If I were you - as I previously suggested - if VetInsurance is still covering Dachshund disc disease I would sign Guinness up asap since the surgery is close to $8,000. In 2004 it was being covered, but not sure now due to high incidence rate.