View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2007, 10:31 AM

Talking Yiiipppeeee! Solid stool

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with my dog food questions.....of course, I'm sure I'll still have more as time goes on. But I wouldn't have figured things out for my young boy if it weren't for this forum.

After 7 months, I'm convinced as of today that barring ingestion of something strange, his stool will be solid indefinitely

Fortunately my stubborness led me to ignore my vet's advice to put him back on pro plan (which he wasn't ever completely stable on) and look for answers more in this forum. Of course I only ignored his advice because what he'd already told me about food led me to know that he didn't know much about nutrition. Otherwise he's a great vet.

I switched him to Solid Gold BATM and saw big improvements w/in 24 hours. Then I had to figure out that I was feeding him too much of such a good food. Then we had stability......til the lady at the food store gave me samples of what I thought were freeze dried beef treats but turned out to be chicken.....then we had explosions. But now I have answers and stability. What a relief. I've got a follow up vet appt this week (to include his vaccinations) and I was sooooooo worried the vet was going to tell me to put him on science diet something or other or add enzymes when I didn't think he needed them. Now I just have to figure out how to nicely tell the vet I completely ignored his advice.

Thanks again to everyone who helped (including previous threads that I sorted through)! This forum is great