Thread: deer cull
View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Senior Contributor
Hexxagon Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post
I have to add - I don't know what the 'party' is all about after such a venture. I don't really understand what there is to celebrate. Death is sad, no matter why or who is doing it. It's just sad.
I never understood that either, it sickens me, but it seems like most hunters have an (after hunt) party. That's why I said most hunters think hunting is "fun" .

I'm sorry, but as far as I'm concerned hunting is NOT a sport, as Paul Rodriguez once said “Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game.”

Or, "if hunting was a sport the animals would have guns too"

Or "A sport is a physical competition between 2 or more parties who mutually agree to a set of rules by which their relative success will be determined. I missed the part where the deer signed up for this ****. They are trying to survive and you are trying to kill them. The prey is not deliberately constrained by any set of rules. This is not a game."

What is man without beasts? If all the beasts were gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, soon happens to man. All things are connected.

~~Chief Seattle (Duwamish tribe)~~