View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2012, 08:35 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

If dogonedaze took money for the dogs, then she sold them. If she sold them they are no longer hers and she loses all rights to them including future sales/placement of the same dogs.

I can see why dogonedaze feels bad though, it does seem like she was duped in some way because it does sound like the person who bought the dogs was not forthcoming about their destination and this seemed to be important to dogonedaze.
I think dogonedaze even knows she was duped because she wrote "You are correct in that I did not cover my bases, I mistakenly took the word of a trusted friend. "

But legally, AKAIK, when you sell something (unless their is a clear contract that stipulates aspects of the sale), it is no longer yours and all your rights are lost.

Please know that this rescue in question CAN NOT be named here. And I certainly don't want this thread to get even hotter, but I have to wonder something.... If what the OP says is true, this does indeed sound like a shady practice (even if it is legal) on behalf of the rescue does it not? I have some experience with rescue, but many members have tons.
Have other members heard of similar practices?
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by marko; January 31st, 2012 at 08:49 AM.