View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2009, 08:44 AM

Clarification - Don't want a cat box, if possible

Hello all, I am new here and I appreciate your advice! I think there was some confusion about what I am asking. My cat, has always gone to the bathroom outside, never had box, adapted well to my new places and did not have any issues. When I first got the apartment last year and she had to have a box she did, off and on at first, go to the bathroom in my plants and killed a few. Then she got used to the box. THis was for one year, she had a box and used it. Before that no box.

Now that we are back again in a place where I have a cat door and she is using it and going outside I would like to get rid of the cat box if possible. Again, besides this move, nothing has changed with her box. She has the same box, same litter and I clean it frequently. BY THE WAY, we have had no repeat of the poo in the plants.

Also, my cat is happiest when she has access to outdoors, and the way I feel about it is, she was born outside and likes to be outside. Of course now she doesn't have to catch her food and has the option of a soft bed/couch and heat/air controlled ambiance. She is an incredibly smart cat and she and I have had training about the street years ago and she never goes near it.