View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by classtt View Post
. Here is his last bloodwork-BUN-68, CREATINE 5.4, PHOSPHORUS 9.2, CHLORIDE 87, SODIUM 139, WBC 27.7, MCHC 38.9, NEUTROPHIL SEG 79, EOSINOPHIL 1, ABSOLUTE NEUTROPHIL SEG 21883, ABSOLUTE MONOCYTE 1939. Microscopic view reads: Neutophils appear slightly toxic. I don't know what else to do, please help me, help Rosco
What I don't understand (and there is A LOT that I don't understand) is the connection between the overdose and the increase in the white blood cells.

I don't know the normal ranges (do you have them?), but I think those are high...and the toxic neutrophils, I don't think, are a reflection of toxicity as in poisoning, but in the way that the neutrophils are being produced. I don't know the details though. I think that's a high WBC overall...

If I didn't know there was an overdose, I would think that there was a really nasty infection. The bun and creatinine are high, and those are kidney values.

Infection, with kidney involvement...any chance he has ever been exposed to lyme? And with the added overdose, just can't rebound?

I have no idea if the drug can cause this sort of abnormality in bloodwork, I've never seen it on the forums before, but there's a lot of weird stuff out there.

Both the amoxicillin and metronidazole are antibiotics. The metro works on the gut. It can have neurological side affects in susceptible dogs. The Zofran and the Cerenia, yes, for nausea.

Can you get some chicken noodle soup in him? Since he's not doing well with solid food, the soup might be good.

I don't know much at all about kidneys, but here is the Yahoo Kidney list, I don't know if they can help in time:

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/K9KIDNEYS/

I am so so sorry