View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2010, 11:03 AM

Post Agoraphobic with a big heart and a new rescue

Hi & help, please before you tell me to take him to a vet give me any other possibilities or suggestions. My 3 tear old calico TZ threw a fit on my balcony until I ventured out and came back with a stray kitty. He seemed starving very thin but active and friendly. Kept him (Cosby-as in the comedian!) separate from my other two (Tia & Monkey both spayed) until I could get him vet checked. Phone calls are very hard for me leaving the house is even worse get horrible migraines, panic attacks etc. Persevered got him an appt. with my vet (cat only clinic) and walked him over, can't do public transport either. They charged me $170 for felk/fiv test 1/2 tablet of Milbernax (dewormer)a nail trim,and a quick once over. Money is extremely tight, no family, live alone my cats are my best friends and am on medical leave. I made a second appt. he is now neutered but still very thin. The question or concern, he is always hungry, extremely active loves to play but has diarrhea, and occasionally vomits. He has had the first dose of Hartz Ultraguard Ridworm tablets last week, tonight I have to fast him for 24 hours then give the second dose tomorrow. I know vomiting/diarrhea is very serious but have noticed something else. He has what feels like a callous (loonie size) by his front left shoulder. No fur loss I wonder if it could be from his shoulder blades rubbing (he is that thin) or ringworm. The vet guessed between 9-12 months and did note he has mild gingivitis. Any ideas or help??? I can't face another field trip... pls pls help me.. They come first, they eat well even when I don't, are indoor only, litter boxes scooped twice daily cleaned weekly and I have two water fountain so they get plenty fresh water. Please help me..