View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2009, 01:11 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Oh, wow, 14+! You have some pretty cool flowers! Love the blazing stars! And that Tamarix is lovely! I've never even heard of it before, but I love the color! How big do they get?
I have seen Tamarix about 15 feet tall. Mine is only about 6 or 7 feet. Kinda hard to measure from my prospective. They are more shrubby than tree. I thought I had lost it last year. The main branch broke off and I couldn't save it. But it grew back really quickly. Will have to do more research on it.

Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Beautiful 14+
I've see one of those trees(Tamarix)but did not know what they were,very pretty!
Would love to have one.,,
I always wanted a Yucca,love them,I think I am going to have to enlarge my BY-garden,there is so much that I want.
When my Yucca has some offshoots I will save one or two for you chico. It's be an excuse to come back.

Originally Posted by CearaQC View Post
Is the Blazing Star also known as Liatris? It's so pretty. I had one but don't know what happened to it.

The Yucca is so pretty! Who knew it could grow and flower in Canada!

Never seen a salvia look like that. Very cool.

And I can't believe you already have Echinacea out. I won't see mine until mid-late August.

I think some Penstemons would look great in your garden as well.

Never seen a Tamarix. It's so fluffy and dreamy. The color reminds me of fireweed blooms.
The Yucca has been around the Niagara region for quite a number of years. It can't be propagated the usual way, with the worm, so you have to wait for offshoots or cuttings. But it does very well here.
I have never seen that salvia either. I like having weird and unusual things in my garden.
My darker pink Echinacea has been out for about a month now.
I know a lot of things would look good in my gardens. But I have to get busy and clean up the stuff I have before I add more.
Yep, the Tamarix is neat.