View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2009, 01:11 PM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelrunpack View Post
Oh, wow, 14+! You have some pretty cool flowers! Love the blazing stars! And that Tamarix is lovely! I've never even heard of it before, but I love the color! How big do they get?
I have seen Tamarix about 15 feet tall. Mine is only about 6 or 7 feet. Kinda hard to measure from my prospective. They are more shrubby than tree. I thought I had lost it last year. The main branch broke off and I couldn't save it. But it grew back really quickly. Will have to do more research on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico2 View Post
Beautiful 14+
I've see one of those trees(Tamarix)but did not know what they were,very pretty!
Would love to have one.,,
I always wanted a Yucca,love them,I think I am going to have to enlarge my BY-garden,there is so much that I want.
When my Yucca has some offshoots I will save one or two for you chico. It's be an excuse to come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CearaQC View Post
Is the Blazing Star also known as Liatris? It's so pretty. I had one but don't know what happened to it.

The Yucca is so pretty! Who knew it could grow and flower in Canada!

Never seen a salvia look like that. Very cool.

And I can't believe you already have Echinacea out. I won't see mine until mid-late August.

I think some Penstemons would look great in your garden as well.

Never seen a Tamarix. It's so fluffy and dreamy. The color reminds me of fireweed blooms.
The Yucca has been around the Niagara region for quite a number of years. It can't be propagated the usual way, with the worm, so you have to wait for offshoots or cuttings. But it does very well here.
I have never seen that salvia either. I like having weird and unusual things in my garden.
My darker pink Echinacea has been out for about a month now.
I know a lot of things would look good in my gardens. But I have to get busy and clean up the stuff I have before I add more.
Yep, the Tamarix is neat.