Thread: what to expect?
View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2004, 06:25 AM

This what I experienced

Funny I took my female cat in to the vets a week ago to day. When I brought her home the next day. The first thing I did was I left the crate open and left it where she could use it for her bed (It helped to keep her from wanting to jump up to higher levels to sleep). 10 miniutes after she got home I called the vets,(don't be afraid to call the vet that is why they are there)because she was stumbling around and her back end was dropping. The vet said she is still alittle dazed from the anasetic,and her stiches may be pulling when she walks. She mainly slept for the first 2 days. Then I recived the best advice from one of the members on this site here. Keep them from stairs for 24-48 hours, keep fresh water out for them, and don't pick them up (if they have stiches) this may really hurt, and just keep a close eye on them. When you bring them home from the vets the vet should give you a list of do's don'ts and what to watch for. Ask the Vet when you can start feeding them again, because my sugested to give very small portions because she may gorge since she has not eaten in a long time. Don't hesitate to ask questions. Just remember the only dumb question is the one not ask.
Other wise just relax you have done the best thing for the both of them and yourself. If anything comes up that you are not sure of call the vet because like people you kittens may respond diffrently to the anestetic. It is normal to be nervous, I was too....Okay I cried......but I got over it quick.....