View Single Post
Old June 25th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2catsandus View Post
Can I ask you guys what you use for your cats who have CKD? What do you feed them???
I feed my 20 yr old (has had CKD for over 3 years now) at least 50% raw diet, and the rest is various high protein good quality canned varieties - no prescription crap allowed in my house! I firmly believe one of the worst things to feed any cat, but especially one with a chronic health condition, is a low protein, low quality, plant-based dry food. If your girl likes the Ziwipeak, keep feeding that, it's a great food. Is Weruva available in Taiwan? What about Wellness? Those are decent commercial foods that many cats seem to like. Otherwise, perhaps you could try making your own raw meals, if your kitty will accept that. Not sure why you want to feed mackerel though. I try to stay away from too much fishy food for cats. If it's for the omega3 oil, maybe you can find a fish or krill oil supplement in a soft gel that you can squeeze onto her food (start with a really small amount though as many cats don't like the smell/taste).

“We must not refuse to see with our eyes what they must endure with their bodies.” ~ Gretchen Wyler