View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2006, 10:17 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

I have to ditto everything TD said...

I recently enough took the plunge and am so happy that i did. Apparently luckily my dogs for the most part didnt have any adverse reactions.

I was terrified to start though... I thought for sure i would screw something up and cause more damage than good. However the dogs let you know... Its really not rocket science ( although if you were ever a label reader with your dogfood at any point you may think it is)

Just take a deep breath, and feed. My dogs have never choked (yet ) nor do they overly wolf the food down.. There is the odd day that Kita will "try it again" with some of her food. She hacks a little up and starts over. Little unnerving for you but perfectly natural for them.

I didnt cold turkey them over to it, the whole process started with chicken ( as Technodoll suggested) and it was a treat kinda thing, once i was reassured that they could eat it ( how silly of me) then it was full force ahead.

Kita always (4 years) has had recurring yeast infections in her ears and paws, all has stopped now with the raw food.

To be honest, the prep of your own food is gross but SO fun! not to mention the "bargain hunting" you will start to do with the shopping. Its a wonderful hobby even, and so good for your dog!

Happy that you have decided to take the plunge... hope everything works out good for you.