View Single Post
Old February 29th, 2008, 02:58 PM

I agree wholeheartedly with everything boxerlady says.
The dogs are definitely bored, and doggy daycare, even a couple days a week, would be excellent. Not to mention a trip to the dog park on days that you don't take them to daycare. These dogs clearly need something EVERY DAY to keep them tired and out of trouble, and I find it unsettling that your girl won't lift a finger to excercise them.

Maybe you could take the initiative to take them to obedience school. I'm not sure if it would help them at this point, but you could ask her how it makes her feel knowing that you care more about her dogs and their well-being (plus yours as a couple) than she does. If you're like me, and don't like to argue with your partner, I know it's very hard to have a discussion in which criticisms are made, but maybe you making all the effort and her making literally none will drive the point home.

I hate to use the word ultimatum, but maybe if she thinks there's a chance that she'll lose you if her dogs don't stop wrecking the house, she may at least take on half the responsibility of these dogs.

Speaking of which, have you been doing anything other than telling them no and giving them ***** when they do something wrong? Because if you're the one taking them to school, the dog park, daycare, etc, their view will shift eventually, to you as the master, especially if you're also giving them positive reinforcement.

Any good woman will realize when she's not pulling her weight. You need to take the initiative here, give your time and money to these dogs so they will respect you and your home. She will come around when she sees clearly what you're doing. These are just my opinions, but if you want to save the relationship and be the owner of two great dogs, you need to do something other than chastise the dogs and whine to your girlfriend. Just take action.