View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Administrator - Pet lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMax View Post

Now Marko....what about a contract that BB currently has that is far from the SPCA? Do you still believe that they should stick with BB rather than going for the SPCA which advocates animal welfare? If distance is your issue, then would it be safe to say that you want BB to still hold these contracts because they are closer? Sorry, but I disagree with contracting to only those that are close to the municipality that they serve. I hope not all municipalities share your view. I am hoping that BB loses ALL their contracts regardless of which municipality they serve. This is the only way that this ugly pound can be closed down and unserviceable for good.
I posted about my only experience w/bb in this thread. This is obviously a complex issue and i do not have all the facts - that's for sure. I have deliberately not read too much about this situation because these things always bother me. (I realize that's a lousy excuse).

Obviously we want quality pounds, schools and hospitals in our society and if 1 organization is providing sub-standard service....then yes it should be sacked and not serve people that live close by or anyone actually.

The distance factor IS VERY IMPORTANT though and imo shows a lack of concern for animals and pet owners. Not sure what else to say....
Newcomers FAQ - How do I post on this BB?
Pet facebook group
Check out the Pet podcast
Follow me on Twitter