View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2011, 04:22 AM
Willing cat servant

My cats are addicted :(

Scully and Mulder are 2 female cats that used to be on EVO 95% canned food. Not so long ago we ran out of food and the weather was awful so I fed them friskies for a couple of days, now they won't eat anything else. Scully semi tolerates EVO but Mulder won't touch it. I've been struggling for about 3 weeks now, trying different brands like GO, or different flavours from EVO, I've tried canned salmon and sardines (Which Mulder half ate and Scully didn't touch)
Today I tried a gourmet food that has 80% real tuna and first time they ate it, second feeding they won't touch it.
They're both hungry, they ask for food all the time, follow me to the kitchen, meow for food even stand on their feet. I know it's not a lack of appetite issue, I found out that what they want is Friskies that's all they will eat, if I don't feed then Friskies they will barely touch their food.
I feel cornered, I don't want to feed them friskies but if I don't they barely eat
Any advice to get them off friskies? I've tried so many foods and they just won't accept it. They must be addicted to those animal fats in the jelly from the byproducts
I've tried many things. Need help with these girls