View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2008, 03:51 AM

Jerseygirl, Rocky is beautiful. We just lost ours to cancer at the beginning of July. She was 9 years old. As for barking at people, her bark sounded alot worse than it was. There was a neighbor around the corner, drove an 18 wheeler for a living. My dad would walk Mikala and my shih tzu every morning and every afternoon past this man's house. Every time he would be waiting for my dad with treats for the 2 dogs. Everytime, Mikala would bark at him. He was determined to make with friends with her.

Mikala wasn't stupid. She knew if she kept the act up he would give her more and more treats. The whole walk there her tale was wagging and she was literally prancing to get there and don't even think of changing the route cause she would sit down and refuse to move if dad didn't take her in the direction of this man's house. I really think it was a game to the 2 of them as she was quite the talker and got loud the more you didn't respond to her (or respond with what she wanted to hear lol).

Broke my heart the day he came back from a run and dad had to go tell him what had happened.

Now we have taken to locking our doors again (after I don't know how many years), and the house just isn't the same without 150lbs of dog to trip over. Seeing Rocky makes me want to think about another one.