View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Blue eyed funny farm

http://www.moloss.com/001/breed/def/d007/
Quote:
The Tibetan Mastiff primary task was to defend and guard the livestock, the village and the caravans from predators, bandits and hostile tribes. One of the Tibetan names for the dog is Do Khyi, who means "a dog who is tied up". The dog was usally released from its chain only when there where work to be done, like in the night, for guarding the village. The dog were handled by their owner only, this was done to make them wild and fierce, for better guard and protection qualities.
Quote:
The Tibetan Mastiff is a independent and strong willed dog. He is regarded as extremly intelligent, aloof of strangers, devoted to their human family and he will protect them with his life, witch make them exellent home protectors.
Its quick little quotes like that which makes me worry about what kind of people are buying these dogs now and worry about what will happen with inexperienced people owning them because of a fad.
I know all to well the constant battle it is to remain "in charge" around here with just Karma alone. When she decided to eat my house a few months ago and I went to grab at her to bring her outside with out saying anything as she had done her damage too long ago to bother with a scolding or any kind, she could sense my displeasure and anger and she bared her teeth and snarled at me. We had words after that.
Now imagine someone who has no experience with larger head strong breeds that make up their own minds??? Its frightening.