View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Pumpkin' Dumplin' Gang

Thanks for the reply, I have read up on Chow chows also. I think that is why she has a very suspicious nature. From what i have read both breeds have a "people/family" nature but from what I have read they say they are both suspicious breeds. That is why I was so happy to see someone with an Elkhound. I have tried to talk to the people that had her, she was part of a litter that was a mistake breeding. The male Chow jumped a fence and impregnated the female Elkhound that was in heat. They live not far from me, but because she was a "mistake" they are not eager to speak to me. From what i have seen of the female, she is friendly but to a point. I know nothing of the father, I do see him from time to time walking by but once again the people do not speak to me.

I have so many people comment on how different of a dog she is. She is very expressive both facially and vocally. She totally respects me.....that is a whole story in itself, she was a little hellion to train. Just from reading about Elkies I myself have fallen in love with the breed, and I never have met anyone with any experience with them. I also get asked if she is German shepard or Husky also. They sure are one of a kind!
3+ cats......Surround sound