View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Live well, laugh often

Lucy just had her second bout of this a few weeks ago . Her first one was back in November.

If you have some pepcid around I would definately get some of that into him to help with some of the nausea. I do a lot of homeopathic stuff with Lucy as well so I administered arnica (for inflamation) and nux vomica (nausea) which really seemed to help her.

When it happened this time we were away and my mom was looking after her and she wouldn't eat and couldn't stand/move. I drove home that day to see her and was sure to stop at McDonalds and pick up a few plain hamburgers. She was happy to scarf those down as long as she was handfed. Apparently there is something about the fast food hamburgers that dogs love . I took her back with us on holiday to look after and she had improvement in the first 24 hours and noticeable improvement after 48 hours.

She did better after she was fed and we continued to hand feed for about 3 days until she could mostly work around her bowl (with some help). She was back doing a short staggering walk around the parking lot after 3 days and walking short (still wobbly) walks after 5 days. We have just passed the three week mark and she is about 90% of her regular. That is similar to last time ... the final improvements took about another month.

Hope Hobo feels better fast .