View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezzaluna View Post
My cat was diagnosed with intercystial cystitis. She was peeing blood and sooo un happy. We started her on a steady treatment of cartrophen after ruling out any infection and urinary blockages. As it turns out, she is a very nervous sweet little girl who gets stressed when I go out of town, furniture is moved, litter box is not fully cleaned. Anyway god bless my baby, because she is the nicest little cat ( she is 15 pounds) and so sweet. The vet recommended Cartrophen and she is so much better, playing, jumping, and happier. Also I combined this with Feliway diffuser in the houise to keep her anxiety down.... It seems to work.

One thing... I can actually see a difference in her need for the injections about 3 weeks in and usually book her appt for the next week.
I"m glad it is working for your cat. One thing you might want to consider is giving the injections yourself. It's very easy, the Vet can show you how. And it's cheaper and less stressful on the cat to not have to drive into the Vet for each shot. My Vet sold me pre-loaded syringes which I kept in the fridge. Saved on gas and time too, not having to drive to the Vet, which was 20 to 30 minutes one way for me.