View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2008, 05:22 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
It's not the worst food out there and I'm sure a shelter or rescue would love to receive it should you win. The ingredients I don't like are:

1. fish meal - unspecified type of fish...all meats & fish should be named.
2. brewers rice - low quality ingredient with no nutritional value.
3. chicken liver digest - low quality ingredient used as a flavour enhancer
4. tomato pomace - mainly the skins of tomatoes that may contain leftover pesticide
5. menadione sodium bisulfite complex - controversial ingredient linked to cancer.

I would leave your dog on the Acana. It's a good food from a company that I respect and trust with great customer service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
That would be great if it were your opinion and not verbatim from The Dog Food Project. Perhaps you are a pet food nutritionist. If so feel free to rebut my findings above. I would love to hear it.

The vet I talked to was well educated in the area of pet nutrition.

It is strange that you say cellulose powder is basically sawdust, and when you do an internet search, it is available at many health food stores as a good source of dietary fibre. As for it being high on the list, 90% of pet food is made up from the first 5 ingredients. As far as beet pulp, it is used to provide energy with little of no rise in glucose levels.

As far as free delivery, again try and be informed. It is easy to keep costs down when it is a home based business. Delivering is way cheaper than paying $15-$20 / sq foot for store frontage.

Forgive me, I am just a noob here and don't mean to get into an argument but there is more information out there than The Dog Food Project and Dog Food Analysis.com where there are gaping holes in their assumptions.

Thanks for listening. This is a great forum.

Excuse me but my opinion in post #9 is not verbatim from the dog food project website. Read for yourself....

http://www.dogfoodproject.com/index....badingredients

I did not comment about cellulose but I do agree with what purpledomino said.

I also did not say anything about beet pulp. There are far worse ingredients than that imo.

I also did not say anything about free delivery costs but I am curious to know what a bag of Multi Menu Evolution costs if you don't mind posting that information.