View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14+kitties View Post
Nah, he was just letting you know he was not a happy camper. I have so many scars on my arms from kitties I figure I will have a map soon. It's all good. I bet in a few weeks he will settle down. Maybe he will turn into another Jupiter and start coming for scritches and pets.
In future you could maybe try a blanket over the carrier. It helps to calm the kitty down. You can then quietly open the door from behind the carrier and step back far enough the kitty won't try to get to you. Let him take his time getting out of the carrier.
The more kitties you rescue the more you learn. I am still learning tons with each one.
See? I never would've thought to do that for him though I think he would've been much happier. He was losing his cool the minute he was in that carrier, hissing/growling and trying to get out; it was very intimidating for me and my husband laughed because I deal with all types of aggressive dogs all day without dropping a sweat. haha
I will certainly remember that for the future, here's hoping they don't need anymore vet trips...

Bailey (Labradoodle)
Tippy (Collie/ShepX)
Vali (American Bulldog)
Artiro (Cane Corso)