View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Oh Winston, I am so sorry
I know exactly how you feel. All my hubby and I have are our furkids, and they are our loves, and our life. Cancer is so hard, but depending on the type, there may be some treatment available. One of the most important things you can do for Winston, if it is cancer, is stop feeding kibble of any kind. Even the highest quality will "feed" the cancer. The way kibble is processed allows for it to break down fairly fast and causes a rush of sugar in the bloodstream, which in turn, causes the cancer cells to grow. There are a lot of good holistic herbs that will help him to fight the cancer cells as well. You want to give him the fewest possible carbs. If he doesn't have any tummy troubles, a diet with a lot of salmon and omegas would be the best. Thorin, unfortunately, cannot have it. We give him a little salmon here and there, but even an omega 3 capsule throws him into a nasty bout of colitis, which in turn has caused pancreatitis (last Sept.). If you need some links to cancer diets or forums, let me know. I got a lot of support from those places, along with Dr.'s Marsden and Stelfox

And of course you will both be in my thoughts and prayers. Big hugs to you and Winston
and a lot of

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012