View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2010, 08:13 AM
150% PRO S/N
Starcastle Champion, V:force Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, Mission To Mars Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Crazy Closet Champion, Railway Line Champion, Penguin Pass Champion

Swheat Scoop does a marvelous job here for me with six cats in the house. The smell is a lot nicer than wet clay. Did you do a gradual change over or all at once?
I wish you luck with Gizzy.

We have a top loading washer so it is very hard to wash out comforter and throw blankets (the huge ones you get at fairs and ribfests), I have lots of vinegar but no rubbing alcohol. Do I wash them with vinegar and detergent or just vinegar or get some rubbing alcohol and run them with vinegar? How much for each? Would a steam cleaner work on the mattress?

When I wash the blankets from the catuary I use approx 2 cups of vinegar and a bottle of rubbing alcohol (it's cheap) and the regular soap. If I still smell the urine (I do have a few sprayers out there) then I wash it again just using the vinegar and rubbing alcohol. Normally twice gets rid of the smell.
A steam cleaner works on furniture. Can't see why it wouldn't on a mattress. If I'm wrong I am sure I will be corrected.
If the blankets are that big then take them to a laundromat to wash them. They normally have oversized machines for use. I have a top loader too.

We can stick our heads in the sand for only so long before it starts choking us. Face it folks. The pet population is bad ALL OVER THE WORLD!

Last edited by 14+kitties; May 18th, 2010 at 01:30 PM.