View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya
I'm so glad to hear they made it through the night. Can a wild life centre take them?? I don't recall feeding cream of wheat to the baby birds that came in when I was a volunteer with the wild animal rehab I do hope that is okay maybe we didn't have any doves either. I was looking around and found this tid bit "Mourning dove regurgitates the food with a secretion she makes in her beak that contains more fat and protein than even cow's milk" Anyway good luck I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Well, it looks like I'm on my own. The wildlife rehab woman I spoke to last night doesn't take birds (although she helped as much as she could by phone). I've left messages at a few places, and I did speak to a wildlife professional who said to my 2 options are keep trying, or put them back on the ground. (w/ the cats out there, I may as well serve them up on a kitty-platter)

they INHALED the cream of wheat. they were hungry. and now, they EAT, poop, sleep. even the littlest one took food. phew! still a longshot, but I feel better to get food into them.

thanks!