View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfields View Post
Sometimes these debates make me think of how children aren't allowed to be punished nowadays, the world is not a better place because of it. Many children are growing up with no respect for others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by millitntanimist View Post
Y
Your last statement is a little too much. Positive punishment is statistically the the slowest and worst way to change behavior, and has nothing to do with the "state" of today's youth. A good example of positive punishment (something that occurs after a behavior that is intended to decrease it) is a speeding ticket. How many people get 1 speeding ticket (or even 50 speeding tickets) and never speed again? Exactly. That's how effective positive punishment is.
As for the training and alpha issues, I can barely manage my Nookie, so I have no comments on any of that. But I do have to say I agree, wholeheartedly, with GF on this one.

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012