View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2009, 09:17 PM
Rottie owner and lover

Roxy back from vet :(

At lunch today I had a nasty wake up call. We were all going for our nice lunch time stroll, then all of a sudden roxy's back end collapsed. I got her back up, only one leg was working, other looked paralyzed. Tried to get her to walk, dragged her leg, knuckle scraping the ground.
I had a sweater, so I placed it underneath her to try and get her to walk, after about 5 mins, she slowly started to use it again.
After dinner, was on the computer, heard a weird sound, turned around, there was roxy having mouth spasms. I called the vet tech, she said she should come in asap and have an exam done.
I went in and had it done, they did every kind of human neuro exam, she seems fine, walking again, but still not lifting leg correctly.
She poked and proded her, good girl Roxy, then we noticed she sat down every time she pressed a certain spot, on her spine. Instant xray.
Nothing there except older dog lumps on her rib cage. Lungs are clear. They wanted to keep her in an sedate her tomorrow for hips and knee. I told her I rather wait on that until I can speak to my own vet.
So she prescribed presidone for her for 3 weeks, starting high dose, then weaning off.
My vet will be calling me tomorrow.
Oh yes, as for the mouth spasms, the vet guessed either neuro or she is in pain