View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail P View Post
You're a musher too? Definitely have to meet up then. I have another musher friend with trails on her property too whose place I sometimes go train at, but her trails are pretty tight and twisty. If they don't kill you, you certainly improve your sled handling skills. Another friend in the area is a skijorer, she qualified this year for the World Championships and went to Norway to compete back in March.
I don't think I could do justice to the title of being a "musher" Nolie and I worked with a musher winter before last to try and see if we could get her pulling. Nolie did pretty well when matched up with a lead dog, got me hooked on the idea anyways!. Last winter we didn't get out with a sled at all but I made my own kicksled and we played around with that. I've also tried skijoring but i'm horrible on skis and Nolie didn't pull well enough to keep me from falling over all the time . Maybe i'd have to qualify as a "wanna be musher"!

I like to think that there is mushing in my blood... my cousin (who unfortunately i've never met, never even talked to!) has run the iditarod with her purebred Siberian huskies (North Wapiti Kennels) so I like to think I could do it
and love for my "lost ones" - Misery, Clover & the girls (chickens)