View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston View Post
Any updates its been sooo long???
Hey, Winston. Sofie is doing really well. I took her to get spayed 2 weeks ago, and it wound up being a very stressful day. I took her to the Humane Society in town, because I just didn't have the money to take her to my vet. Turns out I picked her up and before I got home she looked so bad, I rushed her to my vet. She was severely dehydrated and her blood pressure was very low. Had I waited until the time in the evening they told me before giving her any fluids she may have died on me. I wound up paying more than had I just taken her to my vet. Thankfully they allowed me to pay little by little.

But, she's recovered wonderfully. She's also been doing really well with her house training. I still can't allow her to roam around unsupervised, as she'll leave little puddles. But as long as I'm watching her she's fine. And I am able to leave her alone for short periods. Like when I take a shower I leave her on my bed and she is very good about just laying there waiting for me. And she's been sleeping on the bed with me and the gang for a few weeks too, which she loves. She's a bed hog though! OY!

Here's a couple of photos of her I took today.

Maks decided he wanted to cuddle next to me and he didn't mind Sofie being so close. Incidentally, the gang have all done really well accepting her presence so that's great.

There are only two rules at my house: House rule #1. Cats rule. House rule #2. See rule #1.

http://nuriaandthegang.shutterfly.com/