View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2008, 04:42 PM
~Cat Servent~

I started out giving Fagan the powder version mixed in food, I bought it from the vets (then saw it less than half price at Petsmart). That was pretty easy, to make sure he got it I would have to put it in yogurt and use a syringe, much easier if she already likes wet food and you can just sneak it in that way.

Now though I am giving it to three of them and using a treat... called Hip Action by Zukes from Pet Valu, much easier as I am just using it preventatively for the girls and Fagan who may end up with arthritis.

For Fagan, (his issues are: luxating paetellas, fusing of the spine and inevitable arthritis later on) I am also using traumeel, bought at a health food store in a liquid form, I add it to water and give it by syringe with his other holistic mix. Traumeel is supposed to help healing, especially in sports type injuries for us, I used it a bit when my back was bad. I put about 7-10 drops in a 1/4 cup of water and give one syringe at night and one in the am.

Hope that helps a bit for Ms Atty!!

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” -Mahatma Gandhi

"We're the renegades, we're the people; With our own philosophies; We change the course of history; Everyday people like you and me"- R A T M