View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Unofficial Zookeeper

Talking So Thankful- Im new

Hello everyone , I'm new. So thankful to have found a site that will NOT treat me as if I am a complete "nut" because I have more than two animals. I swear people really do look at me as if I am insaine when I tell them I have five dogs. (i rarely add that I also have two cats, a beta fish, and nine hermit crabs). Because at that point they are already thinking "this lady is a nut job". ...

All I can say is from the time I opened my eyes on this earth, ANIMALS and ME were in the same sentance. In fact, the way my mother got me to learn to crawl was by placing me on one side of the room, and a cute little pup named gabe on the other. I wanted that dog so badly at six months old...I literally crawled completely across the room to get to him. And I was not happy just to sit or lay next to him...no no no. I HAD to cuddle him, and slobber on him, and chatter at him, and squeeze him. Much to his delight of course. Mom said if she couldnt find me , she'd look for the dog. If she couldnt find the dog, she'd look for me. We were inseperable.

As I grew, so did my love for the animals. Thankfully I have a husband that puts up with it. Although I am no longer allowed to go to dog adoptions, pet stores unattended, look at the pets section of the newspaper, or worse, go vollenteer at the humane society any longer ...I've been capped at five dogs (four daschunds and a chiweenie (i forgave her for having chiwawa in her ..lol)...and the two cats, and then the crabs, and cant forget my beta (hank).

I swear, I think if I brought home something else, he'd divorce me...

well thats it for now. thanks for reading this far.