View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Senior Contributor
Tetris Champion, Cell-Out Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasianni View Post
Back from the vet. Not changing vets, he is awesome!!! Didn't think the Revolution was the cause of Theo's seizures but none the less, gave me heartguard instead of revolution, and we will deal with the flea's if ever we see them, he was concerned about ticks but I will check Theo often. He didn't even push the Rabies shot!!! He said "not now" and agreed totally with me. What a relief!!! Also, he gave me Valium to give to Theo (rectally) if he had a bad seizure which lasts more than 5 minutes. I really really didn't think he would give it to me but in case of an emergency he didn't hesitate. I loveee my vet!! I feel so relieved. Theo was tested for heart worms and lime disease..both negative, my other pup Mika was negative as well. Mika has a sore on her little toe (maybe from a bite of some sort) that she didn't stop licking so she was given a shot of antibiotics and will also wait for her rabies shot till this issue resolves. So happy
I'm so glad that your visit went well!!! It's great that he gave you the Valium, but if Theo has back to back seizures (doesn't have to last 5 minutes), then I'd be using it. Back to back (or more than 1 in a 24 hour period) can mean the start of clusters, which is potentially as fatal as Status.

You said he gave Mika a shot of antibiotic... it wasn't Convenia, by any chance, was it?

"Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole" - Ok... whoever said this has never had a sick or special needs baby. They ARE our whole life!

R.I.P. my sweet, handsome Thorin. You are missed dearly Dec. 25, 1999 - Mar. 4, 2012