View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2010, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinPal View Post
I've got the Lactated Ringers Solution, I don't think it has the injection port. I'll look more into that.

I attain the fluids and needles from the vet. If I am injecting the B vitamins
myself, is there a specific kind and how much do I add on each administration?
All fluid bags have an injection port, which is the one your vet is using to put the vit Bs in the bag, different from the one mentioned above. If you have an injection port on the IV line it sticks out (sort of creates a y shape in the line) & is close to the needle end. There's a picture here just above 1/2 way down the page http://www.weirdstuffwemake.com/weir.../catjuice.html

The kind & amount of injectable B Vit should be discussed w/your vet as they will have the proper dosing amounts as to what Sampson is getting now.

Quote:
I read in another thread about kitties becoming more ansy after a certain
point. Sampson did that this evening, I wasn't quite at 100ml. I'm assuming it's
ok to give the rest tomorrow? I want to make sure I don't give too much.
Sounds like you are also giving 150mL twice a week? Is this the first time Sampson was antsy at 100mL? If he seems uncomfortable over that amount, drop it down to 100mL three times a week, he'll still get the prescribed amount each week. Mention to your vet how he was acting & that you are giving 100mL three times a week instead, this way she'll have a record of his fluid schedule.

Quote:
The Wellness Healthy Indulgence pouches have been successful. They are
eating a bit less, but still very interested. I found the Beechnut baby food
and mixed some in when they seemed a bit less interested. (After licking off
all the parts with the gravy. ) Did the trick, they all love it.

I spoke briefly with my vet about his progress. She was happy and had
no issue with the different food.
Which flavours & do they have the phosphorus listed on the pouch? It's not on their website, may need to email them for that info.

Excellent

Quote:
Another question: He is licking the base of his tail like crazy. I've had the vet look at it a few times, she didn't notice mange or anything of that nature. He's completely licked off most of the hair on one side. Any suggestions?
Any evidence of fleas? Flea allergy?

Does the licking happen more frequently after a certain flavour of food? Food allergy perhaps?

Has he ever had Vit B shots before? any reaction then?

Does he seem stressed in the house?

The Spirit Lives As Long As Someone Who Lives Remembers You - Navaho Saying