View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2005, 04:48 PM
banned user

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberKitten
As for "I realize these ppl might need attention, are lonely, or jsut whatever, but it does get annoying. I just bte my tongue and don't read the threads anymore." I think if people are lonely then why not let them post their concerns here - that is why there is a thread called Other or Non Pet issues (I forget the title and if I click Back, I will loose all I have written, lol). If anyone is bothered by it, just do not bother replying. We all have issues. I am not sure I'd post all my problems here but I have a good support system. Many people have become quite accustomed to talking to others online (especially younger people) and if we can help, why not? I do not always have time to read everything and I probably miss some posts b/c of that (I just read New Posts) but for the most part, this works for me.

I am young myself, have had the internet since 14 and have become very accustomed to talking to online friends about problems.
I guess I see a difference between a Forum, and a personal IM. To me, it seems like there are some ppl posting info that not everyone needs to know, and it might just be because they are lonely. To me it seems like they are attention seeking, and i HATE that from ppl, huge pet peeve. And as stated in your quote of me, I just bite my tongue and don't read the threads anymore. I was just replying to say that I understood where JDG was comming from with her comment.