View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Senior Contributor

When I got my dog Marty at a shelter he had a cough and I was told he had
kennel cough and I was give some antibiotics. I gave my dog the med and he started to get better, but just when he almost done with the antibiotics he started to fall over on the ground while playing . I took his back to the vet and he was given some x rays and I was told he had pneumonia. I was given some stronger antibiotics and this help Marty . When he was done with the second round of antibiotics his cough was still there and I was told this was normal, but I told the shelter it the cough sound difference this time . The shelter was paying the vets bills and wanted Marty to go there vet this time and he had x ray and the vet said he had bronchitis! Then to make matters more confusing one if Marty said she think he has Tracheal collapse because when she push on his throat he cough . Marty is a small , a mini poodle mix , I think with terrier . He does not do good when it's really hot and he cough after barking a lot . I have no idea what Marty had a cough when I got him but I was told small white dogs have a lot of health issues, his knees pop out of joints and the vet said , smalls white dogs get this a lot

When I got my dog Marty at a shelter he had a cough and I was told he had
kennel cough and I was give some antibiotics. I gave my dog the med and he started to get better, but just when he almost done with the antibiotics he started to fall over on the ground while playing . I took his back to the vet and he was given some x rays and I was told he had pneumonia. I was given some stronger antibiotics and this help Marty . When he was done with the second round of antibiotics his cough was still there and I was told this was normal, but I told the shelter it the cough sound difference this time . The shelter was paying the vets bills and wanted Marty to go there vet this time and he had x ray and the vet said he had bronchitis! Then to make matters more confusing one of Marty vet said she think he has Tracheal collapse because when she push on his throat he cough . Marty is a small , a mini poodle mix , I think with terrier . He does not do good when it's really hot and he cough after barking a lot . I have no idea what Marty had a cough when I got him but I was told small white dogs have a lot of health issues. I can only take Marty on short walks when it's very hot out and so I have to take out around 5:30 Am or 6 Am on hot days