View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4himies View Post
Cats have very, very specific dietary needs so their diet needs to be balanced with muscle meat, bone & organs, each in specific ratios that reflect a prey model:

80%muscle, 10%bone 10%organ.

Feeding too much tuna is not good for your cat as it is not a balanced meal. However to entice your cat to eat, a bit of tuna added to a meal shouldn't hurt.

You won't find those foods at your vet (and don't allow your vet to talk you into their food, it is overpriced, poor quality junk, in my opinion). A good pet food store (Global, here in Ontario) are the places that sell these. Here are their store locations in Quebec:

http://www.globalpetfoods.com/store-locations
I will look at the link again tomorrow. I only saw Ontario locations. I had a stroke some years back so sometimes I can't see what's right in front of me. I did only mix the tuna in with the canned food. I have had such a problem feeding my cats. I tried every canned food I ever found and the brand I have now is the only thing the three will eat. I really don't understand why they are so difficult. Nike did start to eat what the vet gave me. I think he realized something in there was loosening up his stools because it does do that although I don't doubt it is garbage. I can't say the ingredients seem right. I am mixing in chicken as well now. Thanks for the link hopefully I can find stores in Quebec not too far.