View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2012, 07:14 AM

I Have To Rehome My Kitty :(

I have two cats - a four-year-old, and a one-year-old. I am allergic to cats, but I have always been able to tolerate my symptoms, until recently.

My symptoms have gotten worse, and they are now interfering with my day-to-day life. I work from home, so I can't even get away from it while working. I have tried keeping the fur away, but it hasn't helped much. I have also tried medications.

After months of consideration, I have decided to find another home for my younger kitty. I took my time, and found a great home for him. The lady is coming by tomorrow to get him, and I just feel terrible. I love my kitties, and I feel like I am a terrible kitty-mom.

My allergies are the main reason that I am rehoming him, but also, my cats don't get along with one another. So, neither of them are really happy in their current situation. My one-year-old wants to play with my four-year-old, but she *does not* want to play with him! So, his new home has two playful cats that are closer to his age and energy level.

I have been going back and forth, wondering if I should tell the lady that I changed my mind... but, I know it's just not feasible at this point.

If my symptoms don't subside in a few weeks, I may have to rehome my other kitty as well.

Has anyone here ever had to rehome a pet? How do you deal with the feelings of guilt?