View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2004, 10:46 PM

Can Cats and Birds Get Along?

Hello.

The other day my boyfriend and I found a kitten under a car. I'm not sure how old it is, it does't look like it's a year yet...maybe six to eight months. We haven't taken it to a vet yet, but will once we get the money.

Anyways, my boyfriend took it home, as my family already has 3 cats and a dog (two strays we took in last year). He really wants to keep it, but his parents have birds. These birds are not in a cage, however they are trained to stay in a designated corner, and are still able to fly. No one is home from appox. 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. He wants to keep this cat, and I would just like to know if there is any way to keep it from attacking the birds?

Also, is it bad to keep the cat in one room (his bedroom) when no one is at home?

If anyone has any suggestions requarding what he can do to keep this cat, please let me know. I know he's willing to try anything. Recommended websites to read or anyting would help too.

Thank you,
Lindsay

Last edited by Pet_Freak; December 2nd, 2004 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Forgot something