View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2013, 01:13 AM

Unhappy Aggressive kitty (the showdown of the males!)

I am the proud mama of a 2.5 year old male (neutered) tabby named Dante. He's always been a very friendly, affectionate and snuggly cat. He never leaves my side and his favourite place is sleeping next to my head on my pillow. However, my roommate recently got a young (4 mo.) rescue cat, who is also male. I expected a certain amount of hostility, while he adjusted to no longer being the only kitty in town, but despite being in another wing of the house and the kitten being behind 3 closed doors, he won't come near me, and growls if I so much as touch him. I've heard from many that male cats who are neutered will eventually learn to tolerate oneanother, but if one is still unneutered, does that discount everything?
The other cat is getting neutered next week, so we're hoping that'll help. What confuses me is that HE is perfectly content... shouldn't he be the scary hormonal one?
Is there anything I can do to put my kitty more at ease? I hate seeing him so stressed out. Plus, I miss our cuddles.
Thanks!