View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2007, 01:54 PM

Finally.... my intro

I’m an animal lover who has been blessed by their presence in my life. My furry family gives me the greatest joy. Even to this day, it still amazes me to see their different personalities shine through.

We have 1 dog/Ziggy, 1 bird/Luna, 3 cats/Fluffy, Little and Destiny
My 2 kids, Brittney/22 & Bret/23 have places of their own and have 2 of my other cats, Bucky and MoJo.
I was lucky to find a guy (hubby of 7 years) who met my entire criteria list. The first thing on that list was “animal lover”.

This year has been heartbreaking for us. We lost our 14 year old Buster dog ,9 year old Coco bird and most recently our 8 year old Petunia on 3/10/07 acute kidney failure, due to poisoned food from Iam’s Select Bite pouches.

I know it’s not my fault, but I still feel gut wrenched to know I fed this food to him. I never fed wet to my animals. In my effort to add a couple extra pounds on Petunia, I bought some wet pouched food to feed him in addition to the dry. That was a deadly decision. We are currently dealing with a slight>(I pray) kidney issue with Fluffy, who ate some of Petunia’s left over, the day he stopped eating.

How I found this site.
Iam’s was not on the first recall list from Menu. I thought I was safe. I don’t know why I didn’t go straight to the Iam’s site, instead, I googled “Iams recall” and saw “Seeker’s” post and clicked to your site. That was the moment I realized why my perfectly healthy cat, Petunia s had acute kidney failure, 1 week to the date of this recall.

After reading "Seeker’s" post, I went to the Iam’s site to find out exactly what product they recalled. It was the tiny can and pouches. Ughhhhhhhhh! That’s exactly what I bought for Petunia along with some cans of 9 lives. I used up all the Iam’s cans but still had 4 pouches left. To my horror, that date codes matched the Iam’s recall numbers.

As I sit back and reflect back on these 2 awful weeks I’ve had, I come to realize that one good thing did come out of this madness, and that was finding this site. I want to thank all of you who welcomed me and let me jump right in from out of the blue. I’m staying, but still need some time to look around the entire forum. I’ve been focusing all my time on the Internet, trying to stay on top of all things related to this pet food recall. It’s been overwhelming, to say the least.

Annie