Thread: Zoe update
View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2009, 08:59 PM
Pumpkin' Dumplin' Gang

I didn't want to post and jinx it...but I think it is okay now.

Zoe is responding awesomely to the new med Tylosin. Her appetite is back big time. Even though I didn't think she was losing energy, well she was, now she is jumping like a wild dog, chasing dexter every moment she can, we have had two two hour walks. She is bright eyed and bushy tailed again!!!

She only has had three poops since starting this med, but each one is firmer than the last......and absolutely NO MUCUS!! They aren't totally solid yet, but they have form and now finally some substance to them!!! And no more blood or blood clots present.

My next door neighbour walked me out to the back of her property, the other street neighbour in behind hers has two buildings, and one flat bed loaded with garbage, and more garbage. My neighbour says there are RATS!!! Could this be the pelt coming out in Zoe's poop?? We both lodged complains with the city, and she called the police because they are dumping garbage on her property.

Zoe's new vet is back in town tomorrow, so I am going to call and ask what could a dog get if she ate a rat. I am also beginning to wonder if maybe she got bit on her front leg, the one she was limping on. There was no blood there, but maybe her skin just got scratched....because the lump on her leg has gone down with the anti-botic too, and there is NO sign of her limping anymore.

and I thought cat were the mysterious creatures......LOL. Thanks all for the support! I think we may have gotten over the hump.....and she still has a week of anti-botics left......and she is taking every single last one of them!! I want this gone!!
3+ cats......Surround sound