View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2013, 04:05 PM
Senior Contributor

Thanks RUSTY cat. Ginger is 20. This howling has been going on for a couple of years. It's only recently it has been all night. Before she'd howl as she settled in for the night but sleep through. We have been doing senior blood panels and the only thing showing is early stage kidney failure. She has considerable arthritis going on which we address with Cartrophen Vet and that works wonders for her. She only this past summer stopped bounding to the top of her cat stand. She can still get up on furniture and a nice sunny 30 inch high window ledge. The annual Vet appt. is due soon and I will ask about hyperthyroidism and hypertension in light of the increase in howling.

I bought some Rescue Remedy today and will try it tonight. The lady at the health food store says it relieves stress in her cat but her cat isn't howling.

Barkingdog, Ginger sleeps in my sewing room/laundry room. Unfortunately she has always been a very crabby cat and does not like the other three cats we have. ONe of them actively dislikes her back. This has been going on for 15 years so there's nothing we can do about it now. Ginger chose the room she sleeps in and it's safer for her. The other cat will attack her. We have to keep them apart, especially now that Ginger is quite deaf.