View Single Post
Old March 30th, 2009, 10:35 PM

It might just be a case of kennel cough. Often dogs come down with kennel cough just after they get home. Sadly alot of dogs get kennel cough and it is hard to get rid of in the kennel because it is such a stressful environment. And the KC just gets passed around. Best thing is to have your vet check him out. Its probably all it is.

Thank you so much for rescuing. It truly is one of the greatest things you can do for an animal. I also volunteer for rescue and yes we do adopt out alot of skinny dogs. Unfortunately its a fact of life. Some of the dogs come in neglected and severley abused. We do try to mend them and help them get on the healthy road but sometimes it takes longer and sometimes it doesn't happen because they are in a kennel and are always stressed and unable to get completely healthy and gain weight. But our rescue always reveals any health or medical issues that we are aware of. We do have vets that check out the dogs but if they do not exhibit any signs of illness we do not probe for it. We will never hide anything we know b/c it does not benefit the dog.

I hope your baby feels better soon. Please let us know how he is doing. Thank you again for rescuing! I look forward to seeing pics too!
Lovey - Female Fawn Boxer (RESCUE)
Anakin - Male Brindle Boxer (RESCUE)

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. - Mohandas Gandhi -

~Until there are none, rescue one ~

Boxer Rescue - www.rescueaboxer.com
Scentsy - www.ilovescents.ca